The Florida Department of Health Presents
The Cancer Free Florida Webinar Series
Using and Accessing Florida Cancer Data
This webinar will provide an overview of the various sources of data related to cancer in Florida. Specific details will be provided about the strengths and limitations of these different sources, resources and tools for accessing data, and how data can be used to provide a deeper understanding of the burden of cancer and associated risk factors across the state.
- Introduce the various types of cancer data available in Florida
- Describe the Florida Cancer Data System and mandatory reporting requirements
- Explain the Florida Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance System cancer data
- Discuss additional sources for Florida data relevant to cancer prevention and control
- Demonstrate how to access and utilize Florida cancer data
Intended Audience: Health Care Professionals, Interested Stakeholders
This webinar and teleconference is hosted by The Florida Department of Health Cancer Program
Wednesday, November 19, 2014
12:00 - 1:00 p.m., Eastern Time
Tara Hylton, MPH
Cancer Epidemiologist, Florida Department of Health
Jamie R. Forrest, MS
Chronic Disease Epidemiology and Evaluation Administrator,
Florida Department of Health
One hour of continuing education units (CEUs) is available in all Children's Medical Services approved boards of practice including: Nursing, Occupational Therapy, Physical Therapy, Psychology and Clinical Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy, and Mental Health Counseling.
To register for the online meeting:
Please register for Using and Accessing Florida Cancer Data using the following link:
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.